After stripping the insulation, a suitable contact or wire end ferrule can be crimped onto the end of the cable. Crimping forms a secure connection between conductor and contact and has largely replaced soldering. A non-detachable connection can be made only with high-quality precision tools.
Weidmüller provides you with a wide range of high-quality and practical mechanical crimping tools. Integral ratchets that can be released ensure optimum processing quality, for example. Crimped connections made with Weidmüller tools comply with international standards and regulations.
Click Crimping to know more details
Stripax® plus 2.5
The stripax® plus 2.5 crimping and stripping tools combines the three functions of cutting, stripping and crimping in one tool. The automatic feeding of the linked wire-end ferrules saves you having to search for and cut open the sleeves on the conductor.
- Stripping and crimping from 0.5 mm² to 2.5 mm²
- Ratchet for precise crimping
- Release option in the event of incorrect operation
- Only one die/crimp station for the entire cross-section range
- Logical operation: Significant time saving, as no time-consuming change of tools is necessary
PZ 6 Roto
The PZ 6 Roto is a crimping tool for wire-end ferrules with and without plastic collars. The rotating die lets you execute wire-end ferrule insertion from the front or the side.
- For wire cross-sections from 0.14 to 6 mm² (~AWG 26 to 10)
- Tested acc. to DIN 46228 T.1 and T.4.
- Quality crimps are guaranteed by an automatic stop
- Only one die for the entire cross-section range
PZ 6 Roto L
Crimping in hard-to-reach places, such as narrow cabinets, requires patience and dexterity. Our new PZ 6 Roto L significantly reduces the effort you require, since you simply insert the crimping tool as the space conditions permit.
- One crimping tool is all you need for the from 0.14 to 6.0 mm² range of cross-sections
- Lockable crimp insert for reliable connections
- Ergonomic handle design that is comfortable to work with
- Side and front insertion of the wire-end ferrules thanks to a rotating crimp insert
- Secure automatic stop
Our crimping tools for non-insulated and insulated cable lugs and connectors are your guarantee for precision and quality. In order to meet your requirements, our crimping tools are available for a range of cable lugs and cross-sections. Like our CTI 6 for PVC, PC and polyamide-insulated connectors, for example.
- The mechanical function guarantees safe and handy work under different environmental conditions
- Precision engineering means a high pressing force with little physical effort
- Comprehensive range of standard-compliant crimp inserts