Currently, Sick technology has fully integrated advanced solutions for AGV vehicles and mobile robots. From simple universal solutions for magnetic, optical line navigation to position feedback and combined laser anti-collision navigation solutions.
General introduction: AGV or robot AGV (English: Automation Guided Vehicle) is a vehicle specifically designed to be used in the transportation of goods, finished products, materials, etc., in an automatic form.
Benefits of AGVs: AGVs are mainly used in smart factories and warehouses, thereby helping businesses improve production efficiency.
- Reduced labor costs: AGVs can transport large volumes of goods and operate independently with little human intervention.
- Improve labor productivity: AGV vehicles can operate continuously 24/7 and have high accuracy, ensuring the transportation process without errors or errors.
Integrated solution for SICK sensor for AGV vehicles
Currently, Sick technology has fully integrated advanced solutions for AGV vehicles and mobile robots from simple universal solutions for magnetic, optical line navigation to position feedback and combining with laser anti-collision navigation solutions. Following the development trend of the industry, solutions for positioning feedback navigation combined with laser safety anti-collision function will be increasingly popular.
In Vietnam, large system integrators, production plants and automated warehouses such as Samsung, Phenikaa, Toyota, Vinfast … have trusted in using Sick’s solutions for AGV self-driving vehicles.
Navigation and location feedback
- Navigation by magnetic line (MLS sensor – Sick sensor)
- Optical line navigation (OLS – Sick sensor)
- Navigate by QR code (GLS6 sensor – Sick sensor)
- Navigating with profile feedback (sensors TiM551, TiM781, LMS511, MicroScan3, NanoScan3… – SICK Sensor)
- Navigation with actual position feedback (NAV350 sensor, LidaLoc software + Laser sensor – SICK Sensor)
- Use Laser sensors to set up scan areas to prevent collisions, protect people, goods and AGV vehicles (laser scanner sensors TiM100, Tim320, TiM781, LMS111, MRS, Safety Laser Microscan3, Safety Laser Nanoscan3)
Determining loading and unloading of goods
- Use sensors: optical, proximity, ultrasonic, RFID tags to determine the status of goods or vehicle location. Encoder to use fork speed and position feedback in forklifts