GLS6 – Sick Sensor, a new product that integrates many advanced features, is currently being used by many machine manufacturers and some corporations in navigating AGV autonomous vehicles in factories and in-house warehouses.
Figure 1: AGV vehicle using 2D code reading solution
General introduction: AGV or Robot AGV (English: Automation Guided Vehicle) is a vehicle specifically designed to be used in the transportation of goods, finished products, materials, etc., in an automatic form.
Navigation technology by Data Matrix and QR code of SICK sensor
Following the development trend of industry 4.0, 2D code-based navigation technology combined with anti-collision safe lasers is the current and future trend of smart solutions for AGV vehicles.
GLS6 – Sick Sensor, a new product that integrates many advanced features, is currently being used by many machine manufactureres and some corporations in navigating AGV vehicles in factories and in-house warehouses.
Figure 2: Application of GLS6 SICK for AGV vehicles
Outstanding features of GLS6 – Sensor SICK
- Read Data Matrix or QR Code data
- Determine the position of X, Y coordinates and deflection angle to help the vehicle align when moving (GLS6 code reading helps the car detect the absolute spatial position and relative position of the vehicle relative to the code at the same time)
- The device automatically adjusts the focus position for the most effective code reading according to the working distance
- Compact design with flexible swivel cable connector, the GLS6 can be mounted in confined spaces, integrating into any AGV vehicle currently on the market
- Reliable data reading of Data matrix or QR code even at the traveling speed of 5 m/s of AGV vehicle
- On uneven workshop and warehouse floors… the GLS6 sensor can still read the Code reliably
- The Lables code can be adjusted to suit the needs of the customer (can use Sick’s code or use customer’s code)
Figure 3: GLS6 SICK code reader device
- Variable code reading distance: 50 mm – 500 mm
- Read code types: Data Matrix and QR code
- Code reading speed: 5 m/s
- Communication: Ethernet, PROFINET, EtherNet/IP™, Serial, CAN, CANopen