Following the development trend of Industry 4.0, TIM100, TIM320 – SICK Sensors are laser scanner sensors that integrates many preeminent features that are currently being used by many machine manufacturers and companies with anti-collision safety functions for AGV self-propelled vehicles and Forklift in the factory and warehouse.
Figure 1: AGV vehicle using anti-collision solution
General introduction: AGV or Robot AGV (English: Automation Guided Vehicle) is a vehicle specifically designed to be used in the transportation of goods, finished products, materials, etc., in an automatic form.
Benefits of AGVs: AGVs are mainly used in smart factories and warehouses, thereby helping businesses enhance production efficiency.
- Reduced labor costs: AGVs can transport large volumes of goods and operate independently with little human intervention.
- Improve labor productivity: AGV vehicles can operate continuously 24/7 and have high accuracy, ensuring the transportation process without errors or faults.
Anti-collision technology using 2D LiDAR sensor
Following the development trend of Industry 4.0. TIM100, TIM320 – SICK Sensors integrate many preeminent features that are currently being used by many machine manufacturers and companies with anti-collision safety functions for AGV self-propelled vehicles and Forklift in the factory and warehouse.
Figure 2: Anti-collision application for AGV vehicles
Figure 3: Anti-collision application for Forklift
Outstanding features of TIM100, TIM320 – Sensor SICK
- The sensor is used with HDDM+ technology, which makes it possible to reliably detect hitting objects, immunity to ambient light which reduces system downtime.
- Protect the AGV from colliding with obstacles on the road
- The protection monitoring field can reach 4 m, for the Tim320 series there are 16 monitoring fields (each with 3 small areas) activated through the Input pins to help change the monitoring area in different cases.
- Compact design that can be integrated with any AGV, Forklift…
- Use the free Sopas software for easy configuration settings
Figure 4: SICK’s TiM product line
- Application: Indoor
- Working area: 0.05 m… 3 m/ 0.05 m… 4 m
- Scan angle: Horizontal plane 200° / Horizontal plane 270°
- Angle Resolution: 1°
- Light source: Infrared
- Output: Digital output
- Operating temperature: -10 °C … +50 °C
- Closure rating: IP65