Following the development trend of Industry 4.0. SCANDRID2 sensor is a type of safety sensor using the world’s first LiDAR multibeam scanner technology. Sensors integrated with many advanced features are currently being researched by many machine manufacturers and companies.
Figure 1: AGV vehicle using multi-beam anti-collision safety solution
General introduction: AGV or Autonomous Guided Robot AGV (English: Automation Guided Vehicle) is a vehicle specifically designed to be used in the transportation of goods, finished products, materials, etc., in an automatic form.
Benefits of AGVs:
- AGVs are mainly used in smart factories and warehouses, thereby helping businesses improve production efficiency.
- Reduced labor costs: AGVs can transport large volumes of goods and operate independently with little human intervention.
- Improve labor productivity: AGV vehicles can operate continuously 24/7 and have high accuracy, ensuring the transportation process without errors or errors.
Safe anti-collision technology using SCANDRID2 Sick sensor
Following the development trend of Industry 4.0, SCANDRID2 sensor is a type of safety sensor using the world’s first LiDAR multibeam scanner technology. Sensors integrated with many preeminent features are currently being researched and put into use by many machine manufacturers and companies with anti-collision safety functions for AGVs and Forklifts in the factory and warehouse.
Figure 2: Anti-collision application for AGV vehicles
Outstanding features of safe multibeam scanner ScanGrid2 – Sensor SICK:
- Using advanced technology LiDAR multibeam scanner first in the world
- Compact design and installation height of only 43 mm provide maximum flexibility to save space and easily integrate the unit into the smallest AGVs
- 1m scanning range, 4m safety warning area, 150° scan angle
- With 2 safety outputs, AGVs can run at high speeds without worrying about crashes, thereby improving productivity.
- Simple installation, configuration, operation and diagnostics, which saves time for operators.
Figure 3: Safe multibeam scanner ScanGrid2 from SICK
- Safety level: Type 2, PL c, SIL1, SILCL1
- Warning area: 4m
- Scan angle: 150°
- Number of Scanning Fields: 8/16
- Resolution (Settable): 50 mm, 70 mm, 150 mm, 200 mm
- Communication: Output IO/ CANopen
- Connector cable: Connector M12-8 pins/ Connector M12-5 pins
- Setup configuration cable: USB 2.0 type C
- Operating temperature: 0 °C … +50 °C
- Closure rating: IP65