At a glance:
- The ASCO Series 290 is a pressure-operated, direct acting angle-body piston valve built for demanding applications. Its straight-through body design is available in bronze or stainless steel.
- The valve is suitable for general service applications (air, inert gas, water, oil, and light slurries), plus steam, hot water, and auxiliary fluids within the food and beverage industry.
- Many optional features available including a visual/electrical position indicator or a stroke limiter.
- Proven durability in handling aggressive fluids such as steam, hot water, solvents, and light slurries
- Optional features include position indication and proportional control
- Rugged water-tight actuator made from tough fiber composite and protected with a double O-ring seal
- Spring-loaded stem seal: FKM fluoroelastomer wiper keeps harmful grit way from the stem area for exceptional durability
- Smooth stem movements guided by two oversized bearings for maximum reliability
- Anti-water hammer design: fluid passes under the disc resulting in slower closure
- Some versions are compatible with FDA CFR21 for food and beverage applications